Monday, August 25, 2014

The Future of Sonic



Blablablabla, Sonic sure has had some problems. Like I'd be such an ordinary reviewer and talk about all his massive failures like the Werehog, Sonic 06, Colors, Lost World, and oh wait. Ooops. Well you can't blame me, such things come into my mind naturally. So when discussing the future of Sonic, does that mean that we should always be weary of a new outing into the series? Is Sonic inherently bad?



One might to be uneasy when saying this because of the fondness for earlier titles in the troubled series.  The Genesis titles and Sonic CD are VERY popular and well loved. Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 fans are plentiful, perhaps slightly less so than the classics, but still loved. After that, people start to flee from the titles ahead. But I want to be serious here. Those days are over. So, how does the future of Sonic really look from this standpoint?

Well, why did Sonic reach this point? Why do we HAVE to be? I've assessed something that can either be good or bad. Sonic doesn't have a specific problem. Each game has one! It'll fix the problems of the last game, but introduce it's own. Why good? It shows that effort is being put in. They're trying new things. Why bad? It's not a specific problem that can be pinned down and fixed for the next title. So we're all sitting here tensely. What will they try next?



However, does it mean that Sonic has some hope? Well yes. Sonic Generations had a crap ton of problems but I enjoyed it. And for me, I'm willing to be happy with that. I think people focus too heavily on some problems when those can be overshadowed by it's good parts. So is that my answer? Am I basically saying that you should be weary and the series sucks except for when it doesn't? No. That wouldn't make sense, you silly people.




Think about it. Sonic is just all over the place. So you have a big chance of getting a game that's less than stellar, but you also have the chance of getting a game better than average. Good! Imagine if there were no 06s of the world, but the other games were just average. Is that a good trade? Bad games are a part of Sonic. When a new game comes out, don't expect the best thing ever, but don't give up on the blue blur. Like it or not, he's a gaming legend.







 





























No comments:

Post a Comment